Hartree Centre Training Portal
Welcome to the Hartree Centre Training Portal
Our Explain training program is application focused, designed to enable individuals and businesses to take full advantage of digital technologies to enhance processes within your organisation and provide the skills that enable you to thrive in a digital economy.
You can learn flexibly; our training model is built with industry in mind. Whether you’re looking to get to grips with the basics or searching for new tools and techniques to apply, we support both self-directed online learning and face-to-face practical sessions with badge certification available for you to share your new skills with your network.
Our training is designed to help you explore digital technologies like high performance computing, cloud artificial intelligence and data analytics. Our courses are split into four streams and have practical and theoretical elements that aim to equip you with skills that enable organisations to thrive in a digital economy.
- Data Science - these courses explore methods that can help your organisation to make the most out your business data. Covering data collection, engineering and data visualisation, we’ll provide the tools and cover practical examples of how data analytics can help optimise your business processes and make data-informed decisions.
- Artificial Intelligence and Modelling - Artificial Intelligence can generate real-time decision-making insights from data helping you to innovate, speed up processes and boost efficiency. From predictive maintenance to intelligent automation and the optimisation of tools and processes, our courses will walk you through how to embed AI into your organisation.
- High Performance and Exascale Computing - Access to more powerful computing resources can increase productivity and speed up your calculations. Using a combination of theory and practical exercises, our courses will show you how to speed up your calculations and work at scale. Join us if you’re looking for a practical guide to help you use HPC more effectively and want to decide on the resources you need to maximise efficiency and value for your business.
- Hybrid Computing - Our courses will help you to explore emerging digital technologies like quantum computing, cloud, IoT and Edge computing. They will guide you through current and future trends, show the latest tools and help you de-mystify jargon to understand how the latest technologies can benefit your organisation.
Register for a free account to:
- Learn directly from our experts at a time that suits you
- Get to grips with or expand your knowledge of the latest tools and techniques
- Explore the art of the possible with real industry case studies
- Network with like-minded people and meet new partners and collaborators
Create your account now to browse our full training catalogue, register for courses and access our free training.
We offer 4 different levels of learning:
Attendees from a non-related background with very little knowledge of the subject area
Attendees with some theoretical or practical knowledge in the relevant subject area
Attendees who can work independently in the subject area but require guidance for solving complex problems
Attendees actively working in the subject field who are looking to investigate emerging technology developments and new techniques
Looking for a training course or self-learning activity?
You can see a preview of our upcoming courses below.
To register for a live session or to access our variety of self-learning and pre-recorded training sessions, create an account and log in to our Training Portal.
Create your FREE account and login
To see more details of our courses or enrol on a course, you need to create an account. This is free to do and once you have created it, you can then sign up for as many courses as you like.
Practical Guide to Neural Networks and Deep Neural Networks
29 March 2023 | Aimed at independent users, this course in artificial intelligence (AI) and neural networks will take you through some of the practical considerations to make when looking at how neural networks can be used in your business. From identifying numbers...
Beginner's Guide to Data Visualisation
4 April 2023 | Are you interested in how computer graphics, visual computing and interactive techniques for the processing, analysis and rendering of visual information can be used in your business? This course aims to introduce participants to the basics of...
Beginner's Guide to Natural Language Processing
11 April 2023 | Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a branch of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that concerns how human languages interact with computers. NLP has seen some of the most rapid development of any field of AI, resulting in an explosion of research,...
Fundamentals of Data Analysis Workflows: Using Workflows and Pipelines in Industry
18 April 2023 | Do you wish to know more about data analysis workflows and their ...
Advancing Data Science Solutions
24 April 2023 | Aimed at independent users, this course will guide you through the best metrics for assessing the performance of machine learning models. We’ll illustrate a range of use cases by looking at how we have applied machine learning to challenges...
Novel Software Environments for Exascale Computing.
4 May 2023 | What is Exascale Computing and how can software engineers prepare their codes for these upcoming systems? Aimed at indepentdent users, this one day course will present Novel portable programming models for heterogeneous computer architectures...
Practical Guide to Reinforcement Learning
16 May 2023 | Aimed at Independent Users, this course aims to expose the participants to basic concepts of reinforcement learning and their applications. These include Markov decision processes, dynamic programming, value and policy-based algorithms, and Deep...
Modelling Real Problems with Uncertainty Quantification
23 May 2023 | Uncertainty Quantification (UQ) is a method that supports more reliable decision making across a variety of industries – from healthcare and transport to finance and energy. It enhances the design of services and processes. Aimed at Intermediate...
Quantum Computing – the next level
27 June 2023 | Aimed at Independent Users this course will introduce fundamental algorithms for gate-based quantum computers. The session will also include practical exercises using the Qiskit framework. Pre-requisites Basic knowledge of python and previous...